Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Rides like a caddy


I got my new ride home on Monday evening. The guy I purchased it from rode it half way and let me ride it on home with his tags and insurance on it. He said to just mail his plate back to him. He told me to ride it all I wanted that evening. He said he would keep the full coverage insurance on it until 9 am on Tuesday. What a nice guy. I rode it straight home, (about 20 miles on the interstate,) as it was getting late and I didn't want to take advantage of his generosity. I put his plate in the mail first thing Tuesday morning. Then on Tuesday afternoon after my shift, I got my own tags and insurance. Off I went for a ride. I rode about 50 miles before going back home. Then I rode it to the station this morning. I think I am going to get a lot of time in the saddle. All the stats that Harley have on file state that the '02 Road King gets 54 miles per gallon on the highway and 35 in the city. That is a huge difference from my 3/4 ton Dodge truck with the V-10 engine getting 9 miles/gallon. As long as the snow holds off, I expect to be on two wheels. Maybe we'll have a mild winter this year?

3 comments:

Epijunky said...

Did I mention I was jealous? :)

Firefighter said...

Did I mention, I am too.

MattM3 said...

Look at you! Gettin' good mileage and helping us fight global warming! See Ty, he's helping.